Having the need to practice my putting I brought a SKLZ Accelerator Pro Ball Return Putting Mat to see if it would help.
Well first thing I noticed was the quality build and the overall excellence of the design. The turf felt almost real which was a great relief as I wanted the surface to feel as realistic as possible, so I could get in to the putting mode. It was fully transportable too so I could have used it in my office or home. Great alignment tools and a gravity fed ball return made practicing putting a dream.
Considering you use the putter more than any other club in your golf bag - I'll explain why I rate this Mat.
Why I like this Golf Putting Mat
- It's a top quality build with the materials adding value to the overall design.
- The Matt has three different putting areas - 7', 5' and 3' helping you create confidence when putting.
- Gravity Ball return system that means you can keep practicing putting without having to go and retrieve your golf ball.
- Excellent Back and Through alignment guides (see below) that help you focus consistently smoothing your putting stroke.
- Top quality realistic turf that really emulates the putting surface. This is the first thing I noticed about the SKLZ putting Mat.
- The up-to-the-hole putting gradient trains you to hit the golf ball at the right distance for holing putts. No one wants to see a putt fall short!
- It's a durable and long lasting Mat that will help you practice for many years and reduce your golf scores!
The Key features of the SKLZ Putting Mat are:
- Plastic, Rubber materials that are durable.
- True-roll putting mat with alignment guides and ball return for use at home or the office
- Nine-foot mat with an uphill grade at the end to train the golfer to putt 18 inches past the hole
- Gravity ball return for continuous practice, designed to adjust to each putt distance
- Durable true-roll turf--edges of mat designed not to unravel
- Stimpmeter rating of 10 on a firm rug and 11 on linoleum surface